If you lost the slime care sheet that arrived with your order, you can always refer here instead! Your slime(s) may change due to weather conditions during the shipping process or over time but that can be fixed! Follow the tips below to help you keep your slime in it's best condition!
- Wash your hands before and after touching your slime. Throughout the day your hands collect germs and produce oils. This will result in your slime being more likely to stick to your hands.
- If you would like your slime to be a little more stretchy, add small amounts of body lotion and knead it into the slime. If you add too much, your slime will be too gooey and not holdable so be careful! I do not recommend this trick for clear based slimes unless you don’t mind the clarity becoming more foggy.
- It is normal for slimes to deflate/inflate. When kneading/stretching slimes, bubbles are trapped within the slime that will cause it to inflate. Slimes deflate when the bubbles float to the top and escape the slime.
All slime orders also come with a small baggie of borax powder so you may fix your slime later on. It is very important that you only mix small amounts at a time (try one tsp intervals) because a small amount does go a long way and adding too much may cause your slime to become stiff. After you find the texture you desire, store the activator away for future use if needed. Label it to make sure that someone does not confuse it with regular water and drinks the solution. Borax is not safe to consume.
- Mix one tsp of borax powder (provided in a small baggy with your purchase) with one cup of warm water to create your borax activator. Mix the solution until the borax dissolves completely. Add a few drops of the solution to the slime and knead & stretch the slime to fully incorporate the solution. Add more if needed. You will not need to use the whole solution*** adding too much borax solution will result in your slime hardening.
- Slime is NOT edible and NOT safe to consume or even taste due to the ingredients that were added to create it. Keep away from small children and pets without supervision.
- Slime does dry! Keep your slime in the air tight container provided and (closed all the way) to prevent drying.
- Be cautious to keep slime away from hair, clothing, carpet, etc. If this does happen, remove as much of the slime as possible with your hands and then take a damp warm towel and scrub what ever it stuck to. When opening a new slime package, check the consistency by poking it with one finger first. It’s always helpful to make activator or have it within reach in case it becomes sticky.
- Slime may melt! Keep away from direct sunlight or sources of heat to prevent it from melting. Holding it in the palm of your hand for a long time may also cause it to melt due to body heat and might need some activator to fix it.