Slime melting is part of the natural process of slime and can be easily fixed.
All slime orders come with a small baggie of borax powder so you may fix your slime. Now it's time to make slime activator!
STEP ONE: Open up your borax baggie and pour it into a cup/bowl.
STEP TWO: Add 1/2 cup of warm/hot water and mix until the powder has completely dissolved.
STEP THREE: Add a few drops of the solution to the slime and knead & stretch the slime to fully incorporate the solution. Add more if needed. You will not need to use the whole solution. Adding too much borax solution will result in your slime hardening.
STEP FOUR: After you find the texture you desire, store the activator away for future use if needed. Label it to make sure that someone does not confuse it with regular water. Borax is not safe to consume.
- Wash your hands before and after touching your slime. Throughout the day your hands collect germs and produce oils. This will result in your slime being more likely to stick to your hands.
- If you would like your slime to be a little more stretchy, add small amounts of body lotion and knead it into the slime. If you add too much, your slime will be too gooey and not holdable so be careful! I do not recommend this trick for clear based slimes unless you don’t mind the clarity becoming more foggy.
- It is normal for slimes to deflate/inflate. When kneading/stretching slimes, bubbles are trapped within the slime that will cause it to inflate. Slimes deflate when the bubbles float to the top and escape the slime.
- Slime does dry! Keep your slime in the air tight container provided and (closed all the way) to prevent drying.
- Be cautious to keep slime away from hair, clothing, carpet, etc. If this does happen, remove as much of the slime as possible with your hands and then take a damp warm towel and scrub what ever it stuck to. When opening a new slime package, check the consistency by poking it with one finger first. It’s always helpful to make activator or have it within reach in case it becomes sticky.
- Slime may melt! Keep away from direct sunlight or sources of heat to prevent it from melting. Holding it in the palm of your hand for a long time may also cause it to melt due to body heat and might need some activator to fix it.